Pet sitters visits Hobart-Pet sitting Hobart Pet Feeding Hobart-Pet care Hobart in Tasmania
Pet sitters greater Hobart Tasmania or pet sitting Pet minding your pets pet visits for pets pet care,pet feeding.By certified Pets 1st aid trained staff very professional and friendly at Kimberly’s Pet Taxi and Pet services! 0428 568 852
How to Care for a Dog
by Dr. William Fortney Article found in Animal Planet
aspects of dog-care, including:
- Dog-Naming Tips Naming your pooch is a joyful task, but one you’ll want to put some thought into ahead of time. Both you and your dog will have to live with the name you choose for your entire time together. There are many ways to come up with appropriate dog names, including appearance, heritage, special characteristics, and behavior. We cover them all in this section. We will also tell you about some dog names and dog-naming mistakes you will definitely want to avoid.
- Dog Supplies Think of how many personal items you have, and how many of them are indispensable to your health and happiness. Dogs require fewer accessories than us humans, but theirs are no less vital, and by selecting the proper items, you can improve your pooch’s health in ever regard. If you’ve ever ventured inside a pet store, you know how confusing it can be just picking out a collar or leash. We will cover all the basics like food and grooming accessories, as well as specialty items like a carrier.
- Dog Feeding Nothing is more vital to the health of your dog than proper feeding. Dogs are eager eaters, and this is part of their charm. But it also means that you need to be well informed about what is will give a dog good health and energy and what could be bad for her, despite her willingness to try it out. Here are all the details, including several make-it-at-home recipes for delicious, nutritious and economical dog food. (We also answer the eternal question, “Why do dogs eat plants?”)
- Puppy-Training Tips A new puppy can really melt your heart, but they can also be a handful. The sooner your pooch is accustomed to doing his business outdoors and on schedule, the better for all of you. Interestingly, this is made easier when correlated to the feeding schedule. There is more to training your puppy than housebreaking, however. You must also know the correct way to humanely discipline your new dog when he misbehaves. All the details of this crucial stage in your dog’s life are in this section.
- Dog-Grooming and Bathing Tips Dogs can get messy, and they don’t naturally keep themselves quite as clean as we’d like them to be as co-habitants in our homes. As the owner, proper grooming on bathing is your responsibility. But there is more to caring for your dog than simple bathing. You must also care for your dog’s nails, teeth, eyes and ears. So in this section we cover key strategies for keeping your pooch clean and everyone happy. We’ll even tell you when it’s time to throw in the towel and seek the aid of a professional groomer.
- Dog-Proofing Your Home Dog-proofing your home can be just as challenging as proofing your home for a child or for allergies. For instance, do you know which types of houseplants can be poisonous for dogs? You might also be surprised to learn that some of your favorite treats can really upset your dog’s stomach. For everyone’s health and happiness, it’s vital to make your house safe for your dog and to train the pooch to respect the home, as well. In this section, we give indispensable advice for forging a good relationship between your pet and your residence.
- Dog-Proofing Your Yard Most dogs spend at least a little time in the yard, but this congenial place poses its own challenges and dangers. First, you will need the right type of fence to keep your dog from roaming the neighborhood where he could possibly get injured or hurt others. We will examine the option of invisiblefences and the so-called “shock collars.” Also, everyone needs a place to call home, and that includes your dog. We’ll tell you how to design and build the perfect doghouse. Learn how to keep both your dog and your yard safe and happy.
- Dog-Identification Tips Nothing else matters when your dog is lost. Taking a few simple steps when she first comes home can save everyone heartache later. The right tag can get your dog back home where he belongs in a matter of hours. Here we discuss the best methods of providing identification for your dog. We will also discuss some identification options that you may not have heard of. Did you know that some pet owners tattoo their dogs with vital identification information? How about microchip implants? Regardless of the method you choose, we will also tell you how to register your dog’s identification.